I don't think you can roll over into a new season without looking back at the last. Birthdays, anniversaries, new years, so long as you can take a look back at where you came from, it's an opportunity to dream of new things as you move into the future. So without further ado...
2016 Top 12
1. January started with a bang (in so many ways) and a few shuffles. Gotta start the year on the right foot!
2. February consisted of a lot of soul searching and reflection.
3. March, show time and break time! Another Spring Show in the bag and thankful family got to come up!
4. April, my newest nephew is born, Matthew Bryan!
5. May, my favorite month! I celebrate my last birthday as a twenty-something!
6. June, I opened "Fiddler on the Roof" at Garland Summer Musicals working with favorite mentors and so many new faces, too!
7. July, I opened "Mary Poppins" for Rockwall Summer Musicals! It was my first time working with the theater and this time booked as the solo choreographer! Lovely people, great experience!
8. August, back to school and I'm ready to tackle another semester. Plus, I invest in the best t-shirt of all time.
9. September, a month of baking and a fun sister weekend with Sarah!
10. October, I wrap up Choreography show and then take a trip to Eureka Springs with my man. In short, it was a perfect!
11. November, a bunch of women pile in the car for a road trip to Waco to check out Magnolia! Mom, Sarah, Aunt Diana and I get lots of great ideas, good cupcakes, and quality time together!
12. December is all about Christmas show and finals, but I surely enjoyed family time including the Kacy Musgraves concert with Big Sister!
Honestly, looking back at all the pictures, I got to spend a great deal of time with family and I did quite a bit of traveling to see different folks. At the time, it seemed like a year of decisions, one after the next and I know by the end I felt tired, ready for a break from heavy discussions and complicated choices.
Looking ahead to 2017, I feel like it'll be yet another year of change, as it almost always is. This time though, it feels more stable, more grounded than the last few New Years. I'm looking forward to that more than you can imagine!
How did your 2016 turn out? What was your favorite memory?