Fall finally arrived last week with a hearty blast of heat, but that hasn't stopped this girl from opening her arms to one of the better seasons of the year!
Friday Five: First of Fall
All the ways I've celebrated the start of a new season
1. Enjoyed a college football game! Went with Pyro Man to see Texas Tech take on TCU last Saturday in Lubbock. It was a blast getting to watch the game literally under the jumbo-tron--perks of knowing the pyro guy. Plus, we got to meet up with my aunt and uncle! Such a fun time!
2. First Pumpkin Spice Latte of the Season. On the way over to Lubbock I was in need of a serious caffeine fix. What better way to start a fall day off than with a Starbucks #PSL, I ask you? There is no better way.
3. Purchased appropriate amount of pumpkin flavored food! I like to remind myself that I liked pumpkin flavored things before it was cool so I don't feel like the stereotypical girl buying all things pumpkin flavored. But then I think, who cares?! It makes me happy and that's what matters!
4. The fall decor is out! Laid out the fall door mat, pulled down the pumpkin cups and jack-o-lantern cookie jar. I've got the candle holders out, fall flavors burning, the fall table cloth set and all the fall dishtowels ready. Let's do this fall thing!
5. Crushed appropriate amount of acorns...with my bare feet. OK, so maybe this one wasn't intentional, but nothing says fall like the sharp pain of an acorn splitting under the soft skin of your arch. PSA: Don't go outside barefoot this time of year.
What's your favorite way to ring in this new season?