No meat on Friday's at this time of year and it never fails that I scramble for dinner ideas. SO, here are five ideas I'm mulling over for dinner the next few weeks!
Friday Five: Meatless Meal Ideas
1. Pizza - Can't go wrong with a good veggie pizza or even go for a margarita pizza. Either one works for me especially if it's homemade or from my favorite pizza place, Hideaways!
2. Pasta - I like a tortellini dish with tomato sauce and a side of salad. Of course there's an Asian noodle dish I like from the Barefoot Contessa, too. Dress some pasta up with sauce, veggies, lemons or fish, doesn't matter 'cause pasta is G-O-O-D! Did I mention mac'n cheese is a total option here? 'Cause it is and I think I will definitely put this on my menu plan.
3. Fish - I enjoy a good salmon filet now and again. I like it baked with lemon and veggies, but if I'm feeling a little adventurous, a honey ginger sauce glaze can shake things up with a spicy kick.
4. Shrimp - These little guys can be fixed up just about anyway but I sure do like 'em pan seared! Pioneer Woman has a Summer Stir Fry that's really nice and I just made a shrimp etouffee on Mardi Gras that hit the spot. You can't go wrong with shrimp. Unless you're allergic. Then it can go really wrong. So don't eat shrimp if you're allergic.
5. Veggie night - This could be baked potatoes and salad or even just a big ol' salad with lots of fixin's. How about a zucchini quesadilla? Not everyone is a veggies fan but I think it's all about how you whip it up. Pick a fun new dressing for a salad or protein up your baked potato with cottage cheese. In fact, add some cheese and quinoa to your broccoli and you've got yourself a nice bowl of awesomeness.
Alright folks, what are some of your favorite meatless meal ideas?