Made it through a crazy week of freshman orientation and NOW it's time for the big show, the first day of school. Boy howdy, y'all. It's been busy--not like that's surprising, it's always like that.
The school year is truly a roller coaster ride and at the end of it I always make note of everything I want to do differently or take note on what was the smartest thing that I've ever done. However, I don't always focus on how I want to start the year. Big difference.
So today I'm sharing five things I'm hoping will help keep me in a in a good spot mentally, physically, and spiritually this semester.
Goals for Starting on the Right Foot
1. Focus when it's time to focus. By that I mean that when I'm working, focus on it the work. It's easy to get pulled off task and get distracted by other things. I really want to be better about that.
2. Take a real break. When the work day is over or when it's time to step away, actually take a break. I'm learning that I have better results in my work if I give my brain a chance to rest. Who would have thunk?!
3. Make time for my health. It can be really easy to get behind, stay up late and then sleep in to catch up on some zzz's, skip a work out, and grab a bagged meal on the way home. I know because it's a trap I fall into and it becomes a pattern. I want to avoid breaking the good habits these next few months.
4. Don't stress. There's not much I can't handle or anything I can't figure out without help. So why stress myself out unnecessarily? Some stress is good but living in a constant state is not.
5. Branch out and have fun. All work and no play makes for a very boring day. And class. In general, I want to try some new things and new ideas both in the classroom and out. Making time for fun I know will help to spark some of those creative juices and be food for the soul.
Share some of your goals for the coming months! I'd love to hear from ya!