I'm down to three weeks until school starts again so I'm trying so hard to buckle down and get caught up. There's nothing worse than trying to get back on a normal schedule when you're in the thick of it all. SO.
Five Ways to Prep for the Start
1. Reset the sleep schedule. After a lot of late nights in rehearsals and in the theater, I don't want to go to bed before 11:30. That is BAD. I've got to get back on early to bed and early to rise schedules here.
2. Rest the eating schedule (and menu). When you're sleep schedule is off, it throws everything else off including your meal times. Because I'm a little sleepy, I don't want to actually eat the right stuff all the time. *groan* That really doesn't do me any good.
3. Reset the exercise regime. It's really a domino effect, people. Not getting enough sleep means too tired to do anything including exercise as regularly as I was before. Here's the thing, I know how much better I feel when I do get moving so I'd better hop to it!
4. Prep for work. Time to get those course descriptions edited, calendars set, lectures ready, and music playlists set. Ready or not, here it comes! I'd like to start the semester feeling calm and collected...we'll see.
5. Plan for fun. Sounds a little like an oxymoron, right? Who plans for fun? Well, me. I'm not exactly good about planning those fun things but with only a few weeks left until the stress level cranks up again, I'd like to make sure I take some time to enjoy the end of summer.
What are five ways you prepare for a busy time?